Do you have Obsessive Compulsive Disorder? If so, you know how difficult it can be to manage the symptoms. Fortunately, there are several tiny habits that you can incorporate into your life that may help manage some of the symptoms of OCD. Let’s take a look at eleven of these tiny habits and how they can help.
1. Take a Walk – Taking a walk is one of the most effective ways to get rid of anxious energy. It also helps clear your mind and gives you an opportunity to focus on something else for a few moments. Additionally, it’s a great way to get some fresh air and exercise!
2. Read Something – Reading can provide an escape from reality, which is especially beneficial if you’re feeling overwhelmed by intrusive thoughts or worries. Plus, it’s a great way to relax and unwind after a long day or week.
3. Journal – Writing down your thoughts is an incredibly powerful tool for managing anxiety and depression-related issues such as OCD. Plus, it’s a great way to organize your thoughts and gain clarity about what is going on in your head.
4. Take Deep Breaths – Taking deep breaths is one of the oldest tricks in the book when it comes to managing anxiety, but it still works! Doing this slowly and focusing on breathing from the diaphragm (the area just below your rib cage) can help reduce stress levels almost instantly!
5. Get Enough Sleep – Lack of sleep has been linked directly with increased anxiety levels, so make sure you give yourself enough time each night for restful sleep—preferably eight hours if possible!
6. Practice Mindfulness – Mindfulness is all about being present in the moment and letting go of any intrusive thoughts or worries that may be causing distress or anxiety around certain situations or events in your life—it’s also proven effective in reducing stress levels overall!
7. Stretch – Stretching can do wonders for reducing tension and stress throughout your body—in fact, studies have shown that stretching for just 10 minutes per day can significantly reduce stress levels over time!
8. Practice Self-Care –This could mean anything from taking a hot bath or shower before bedtime (which helps calm both the mind and body), getting regular massages (which helps relieve physical tension), going out with friends (which helps relieve mental tension), etc.—whatever helps YOU relax!
9 . Set Goals –Setting goals gives you something tangible to work towards which not only provides structure but also motivation as well as something positive upon which you may focus instead of any worrisome thoughts that may be present at any given time—make sure these goals are attainable though; otherwise they won’t give you much relief!
Managing OCD symptoms isn’t easy but there are many small habits that you can engage in every day that will help alleviate those symptoms over time.. These tiny habits range from taking walks outside or reading books to practicing self-care rituals like taking hot baths or getting massages regularly.. Whatever works best for YOU should be incorporated into your daily routine in order to see improved mental health outcomes over time!. By engaging in these activities consistently, not only will your symptoms decrease but also your overall quality of life should improve significantly!. Give them a try today – I promise they’ll make a big difference!
“Celebrating small wins gives them something to repattern our life around.” BJ Fogg